Med-Care Transportation remains committed to the core values and principles that the company was established upon.
Unlike other transportation companies, Med-Care Transportation is a family owned and operated company that takes pride in offering only the highest quality of transportation and health care services. Equipped with the best health care professionals, transportation specialists, communications specialists, and vehicles; customer satisfaction is a guarantee. We empathize and understand the tough decisions placed on families when a loved one becomes ill so we strive to find the best solution for all your transportation needs.
Med-Care Transportation staffs and operates a 24 hour dispatch and communications department featuring an advanced computer system to handle your transportation requirements from non-emergent NON-911 calls to basic Sedan and Wheel Chair transportation requests. Our dispatchers are key to our day to day operations and are all highly trained medical professionals who worked in the field as EMTs/Paramedics so they can comprehend our customers’ needs. We monitor all our calls and track all our vehicles with a state of the art computer aided dispatch (CAD) software. Our state of the art software application provides real time communication links between our crews, dispatchers, facilities, patients, and the patient’s family. Our goal is to provide you and your family with excellent service in a timely manner. Click HERE to read more about our 24-hour Communications Center.
Continuing Care Program
Med-Care Transportation also offers a program designed for the Assisted Living Facilities, Skill Nursing Facilities, and Hospitals which alleviates the burden of setting up and running transportation services. Med-Care offers highly trained transportation specialists who coordinate the needs of the patients with the facility by setting up follow up appointments, selecting the best route of transportation, verifying which insurance will cover the cost, speaking with the patient, coordinating with the patient’s family, and working side by side with the facility to ensure everyone is incorporated in the process. The transportation specialist is an expert in insurance verification, medical assistance procedures, and electronic verification so their role saves time and money for the facility and the patients they are assigned to help.
At Med-Care Transportation we understand the importance of family: not only on holidays or special occasions but all year long. When it comes to your loved ones, Med-Care Transportation alleviates some of your stress by providing dependable, caring, affordable, and timely service to maximize the time spent with loved ones. Med-Care Transportation can handle all your transportation needs 24 hours a day, 365 days a year including weekends and holidays. Call today and speak with one of our dedicated Customer Service Representatives to learn about our special occasion discount rate for your loved ones. (Minimum 4 Hour Reservation)
Our Non-Emergent/NON-911 Program
Med-Care Transportation encourages you to call 911 for emergencies (both real and perceived) but we are available for non life threatening situations where the patient still needs to go to the Hospital ER. Please call 911 when your patient:
- is unconscious or unresponsive
- is having active chest pain
- is having respiratory distress that is obvious or with abnormal vital signs
- is suspected of an overdose: both accidental or intentional
- is having an internal or external bleed resulting in Blood Pressures under 90 Systolic
Med-Care Transportation is happy to respond to any other Transport Request including:
- Patients that have ongoing non emergent complaints
- Patients that were safely observed for more than a hour prior to the transport decision (i.e. doctor’s order to observe)
- Patients requesting a specific destination facility
- Patients requiring routine transport to the ER or for a direct admission to the hospital
- Patients going to the ER; except for the cases referred to above
- Patients requiring cardiac monitoring, IV therapy, medication administration, and vital sign monitoring.
Med-Care Transportation offers a variety of services:
- Non-Emergent Transports
- Basic Life Support (BLS) Ambulance
- Advanced Life Support (ALS) Ambulance
- Bariatric transports for patients 300lbs to 750lbs
- Wheelchair accessible vans
- Sedan Transports
- Local and Long Distance transports
- Special Event transports
- Special Event staffing (Weddings, Funerals, Sporting Events, Parties and Charitable Events)
- 24 Hour Dispatch Communications Center
- Transports to and from Private Residences, Hospitals, Nursing Homes, Assisted Living Facilities, and Retirement Communities
- Hospice Transports
- Transportation Coordinators
- Disaster Recovery Programs for Facilities